Air Canada Reservations Process, Baggage And Cancellation Policy
Headquartered in Montreal, Air Canada is one of the largest flag carrier airlines which provide scheduled services to various domestic and international destinations. Further, for ensuring the comfort and convenience of the passengers the airline has even introduced various online services and policies which one should know before booking Air Canada reservations to enjoy a hassle-free journey. But, before heading on with these policies, here is the simple booking procedure for booking Air Canada flight tickets online.
Book Your Flight Ticket With Air Canada:
- In order to confirm the seats on Air Canada, the passenger needs to visit the airline website and look for the booking option.
- Then, the passenger needs to select a flight type and provide a desired departing and arrival airport for their reservations.
- After that, the passenger needs to provide other details like journey date, number of passengers and cabin class etc.
- And once all the details are entered, the passenger is required to click on Search button to find the desired flight.
- Once the flight is selected, the passenger needs to provide the details of all the passengers traveling with the airline and move ahead with the booking process.
- Thereafter, the passenger will be provided with the details of the reservations including the fare.
- Once the passenger verifies the reservation details, they need to make payment for their reservations to confirm their seats.
- After the payment is confirmed, the passenger is provided with the details of their reservations that you can use later for getting your boarding pass.
Now, the two major policies of Air Canada that you need to keep in mind to avoid last-minute issues with your reservations.
Baggage Policy of Air Canada
While traveling by air the most important thing that one needs to keep in mind besides the travel documents is the baggage policy of the airline. Further, gathering information about this policy also helps the passengers to avoid excess charges over their baggage. So, to help you out and to avoid excess baggage charges, here are the complete details about Air Canada baggage policy that you should know.
- As per the baggage policy, the passenger is allowed to carry 1 standard item with 1 personal item as carry on baggage. However, the maximum dimension for standard item should exceed 55 X 23 X 40 cm. And in case of personal item, the maximum dimension is set as 33 X 16 X 43 cm.
- And in case, if you are traveling with an infant then, you can carry 1 additional standard item with you.
- Further, the passenger who wish to carry liquids and gels as carry-on baggage, it is stated that containers of these items should not exceed 100 ml. Besides, you can also contact the customer service of the airline to get complete information.
- Besides, the airline has even stated other conditions in the policy regarding the special items that can be carried as carry-on baggage.
- Moreover, in the case of checked baggage the maximum dimension and weight is calculated as per the route. However, the standard limit is set to a maximum of 2 items with a maximum weight of 23 Kg in economy and 32 Kg in business class with dimension of 158 cm.
- Additionally, if a passenger wish to carry excess baggage, then they might to pay some additional baggage charges for each baggage which you can confirm by visiting the website or by contacting the reservation center of the airline.
- And for the passengers traveling with special items are required to contact the reservation center of the airline in advance before the scheduled departure.
- Besides, the airline has even introduced a list of restricted items on board that one can check at their website.
- And to ensure the safety of the baggage, the airline has a special set of policy for damaged and delayed goods.
Cancellation Policy of Air Canada
There are times when plans don’t go as the way you want them too. And in such cases, the only option you are left with is to cancel your reservations. Fortunately, Air Canada understands such situation and created cancellation policy for its passengers. So, if you wish to cancel your reservation, it is essential that you have a clear idea about this policy in order to claim a refund.
- For the convenience of the passengers, the airline has introduced Air Canada Cancellation Policy which allows the passengers to cancel their reservations with the airline and get a refund for the same.
- For the passengers who wish to get a full refund for their reservations, it is required that they cancel their reservations within 24 hours of purchase and claim for a refund.
- Further, in case of 24-hour cancellation, the refund is provided for both refundable and non-refundable reservations without any deductions.
- In case, if the passenger cancel its reservation after 24 hours of purchase, the refund amount will be equal to fare amount minus the charges of cancellation only for refundable reservations.
- Moreover, Air Canada has introduced another policy for the Air Canada reservations where they might not get a refund for the cancellation. To gather more info on this you can try contacting the reservation center of the airline.
And now as you have complete information about the booking procedure and various policies of Air Canada, enjoy hassle-free journey with the airline.
Delta Flight Info And Reservations
Toll free 24hrs/7days within Canada and the U.S.
Missing or Damaged Baggage
1 888 689-BAGS (2247)
Toll free 24hrs/7days within Canada and the U.S.
If it is more than 5 days ago please click here
Hearing Impaired (TTY) Reservations:
1-800-361-8071 (toll free)
For issues using an assistive technology tool
Star Alliance Conventions Plus
1-800-361-7585 (toll free)
1-866-689-8080 (toll free)
(regular toll charges apply)
Gift Card Assistance
For technical issues, security code (PIN) reset or balance enquiries.