Know About British Airways Reservations
If you are interested to know about British Airways, then firstly, you must know the most basic facts such as its establishment, what kind of airlines it is, etc. British Airways is the second-largest flag carrier airline in the United Kingdom. Headquarter of British Airways is in Waterside, Harmondsworth, while London Heathrow Airport is the main hub of the airline. British Airways run to almost 183 destinations all around the world, and according to the most recent data, its fleet size is 281. Moreover, if you are interested to know about the most significant facts about British Airways reservations, then go through the information discussed further.
What is The British Airways Baggage Policy
While planning an air journey the main concern of every traveler is the baggage policy of a particular airline. Hence the terms & conditions of the British Airways baggage policy are given below:
- British Airways passengers are allowed to carry 1 standard bag and 1 personal item like a handbag, laptop, etc. in the cabin.
- The maximum allowed size of the personal carry-on bags is 16 x 12 x 6 inches, while its weight must be up to 23 kg.
- The maximum allowed size for the standard bags is 22 x 18 x 10 inches, and the allowed weight is 23 kg.
- One additional carry-on bag of 22 x 18 x 10 inches and 23 kg is allowed for the passenger traveling with lap infants.
- British Airways economy class passengers are allowed to bring 1 checked bag of up to 23 kg.
- British Airways premium class passengers are allowed to carry 2 checked bags of up to 23 kg.
- British Airways business class passenger can carry 2 checked bags of up to 32 kg, while the first-class passengers can carry up to 3 checked bags of the same weight
- The maximum allowed dimension of the checked bag is up to 90 x 75 x 43 cm.
Extra Baggage Fee
- The extra baggage fee for the British Airways short-haul flights starts from 25 dollars and goes up to 110 dollars
- The extra baggage fee for the British Airways long-haul flight starts from 40 dollars and goes up to 200 dollars.
How To Check-in For British Airways Flight?
Check-in with the airlines is very necessary before boarding to the flight. British Airways presents more than one option to the passengers for check-in. Moreover, the British Airways check-in policy is as discussed below.
- You can check-in with British Airways online by visiting its website, which starts from 24 hours and available up to 1 hour prior to scheduled flight departure.
- For British Airways online check-in you have to provide the booking ID and last name.
- You can also check-in with British Airways, through its mobile app, which is similar to the online check-in
- Once after check-in via mobile app, you can send your boarding pass to email for taking printout later, or you can choose the option to collect boarding pass from the airport.
- You can simply visit the airport for British Airways check-in through the self-service kiosk, or at the check-in counter.
- You can see the specific check-in time for your flight in the official website of the British Airways.
What Are The Types of Classes in British Airways Flight?
British Airways flight has a few kinds of classes, which differ according to the ticket price and services offered in it. All the different types of classes available with British Airways are, as listed below. Moreover, the process of British airways business class reservations is also discussed later.
Types of classes
- Economy class
- Premium Economy class
- Business class
- First class
British Airways Business Class Reservations Process
- Go to the website of British Airways
- Navigate to ticket booking section
- Enter the name of departure and arrival city
- Choose travel dates, and enter number of travelers
- Then select business class as your cabin preference
- Hit search button to view available flights
- At last make final booking for most suitable flight by choosing your preferred payment method
What is The Ticket Cancellation Policy of British Airways?
However, British Airways allow its passengers to cancel their booking in an uncertain situation at the same time they provide a few definite rules for it. The main points describing the British Airways cancellation policy are, as listed below it.
- British Airways follows the most basic 24 hour ticket cancellation policy as the other major airlines.
- Based on the 24 hour cancellation rule of British Airways, you can easily cancel your booking within the stipulated time limit of 24 hours without any penalty.
- You can also cancel your British Airways booking after the 24 hour time limit exceeds, but in such case you have to pay a fixed amount of cancellation fee to them.
- The cancellation fee charged by British Airways depends on the fare rules and may vary in some cases accordingly.
- Lastly, after successful ticket cancellation you have to submit online refund request to British Airways to get back the remaining amount after deduction of cancellation fee.
Hence, all the above-given information about British airways reservations will help you later whenever you plan to make a journey with them. Besides, you can also get the necessary help from the customer care team of British Airways at the time of making a flight reservation with them.
British Airways Manage Booking