Flight Cancellation & Refund Policy of United Airlines
Avoiding the tedious process of flight cancellation is one of the things that passengers often wants to do anyway. However, it can become more frustrating when passengers may have to pay unnecessary payments too. But all this can be avoided when passengers know what exactly matters while making their flight cancellation and that is the cancellation and refund policy of their respective airlines.
When it comes to the United flight cancellation and its cancellation policy, the guidelines are pretty straightforward and flexible as to provide what’s best for the passengers. Hence, if you are planning to cancel your United Airlines reservations anytime now then here’s what you need to know about the cancellation and refund policy of the airlines.
Trip Cancellation Policy of United Airlines
The following are the important guidelines from the United Airlines cancellation policy that you need to know.
- As per the United 24-hour flexible policy, you can easily make your flight cancellations within 24 hours prior to your scheduled flight departure without having to pay any penalty and will also get a full refund
- If you are travelling on a United refundable flight ticket then you can cancel it at anytime. However, it is good if you do it in risk-free cancellation time.
- If you are travelling on a United non-refundable then its cancellation fee will vary from $50-$150 depending on the destinations and routes that you have booked.
- The cancellation can be made online on the official website of United Airlines in the reservation section
Refund Policy of United Airlines
Here’s what you need to know about the refund policy of United Airlines.
- Flight cancellations made within the 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure will avail a full refund to the passengers
- Non-Refundable tickets will not avail any refund on their cancellations but a refund request can be made which will cost $50 fee to the passengers
- Refund request can be made online on the official website of United Airlines as well as by contacting reservations center via phone
Steps To Make United Airlines Flight Cancellations
The following are the important steps to cancel United Airlines flight online.
- Head over to the official website of United Airlines and then navigate to the My Reservations section
- Enter the 6-digit booking reference number and your last number to get access to your booking
- Now, select the booking that you wish to cancel and then click on the Cancel button
Moreover, if you have any doubts on the United Airlines refund policy or any other policy then feel free to contact the airline’s reservation center.